St Mark’s Basilica, Venice
A must see for historians and design enthusiasts is Venice’s St Mark’s Basilica. From first glance this stunning Byzantine cathedral, with its walls of mosaics, seems to shimmer in the sunlight. Its central portal gives way to an equally luxuriant interior, with mosaicked ceilings and upper walls depicting the life of Christ and St Mark. Statues of bronze horses watch over the city, and the basilica’s treasury also houses an exclusive collection of Byzantine metals and enamels.
Romance in Verona
Verona’s charming streets are full of history and beautiful buildings, but it is also the home of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, so love is always in the air. For lovers of opera, visit Verona’s iconic balcony. Outside, there is a pleasant courtyard where thousands of love notes are scrawled on the walls. Boutique hotels in Veneto also suggest The Arena, the region’s largest Roman amphitheater, for a romantic evening under the stars enjoying a concert or opera. For food lover’s, fall in love with the world’s best pizza at a restaurant overlooking the Adige River.
Discover more Boutique Hotels in Italy
- Boutique Hotels in South Tyrol
- Boutique Hotels in Lombardy
- Boutique Hotels in Piedmont
- Boutique Hotels in Lugano
- Boutique Hotels at the Lago Maggiore
- Boutique Hotels in Tuscany
- Boutique Hotels in Capri
- Boutique Hotels at Gardone Riviera
- Boutique Hotels on the Amalfi Coast
- Boutique Hotels in Sardinia
- Boutique Hotels on the East Coast Sicilia