- pool, free wifi, Beachside
- Hotel Type: Beach, Romantic, 4 star, Boutique, Family
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 52
- Check-in: 15:00 - 00:00 | Check-out: 06:00 - 12:00
- Spoken languages in the hotel: Portuguese, Italian, French, Spanish, English, German
- Well-maintained pool with sunbathing area and fantastic panoramic views
- Romantic hotel with grand dining room and romantic terrace
- Steep pathways and steps everywhere in the town
- Not all rooms have direct sea views. Some only side sea views, others overlooking the garden or the town.
- The atmosphere is old fashioned but full of charm and very well maintained
- Pebble beach
wireless LAN in lobby
Campania, Italy Map
near the beach 300 m
beach use free of charge
18,5 km (Seiano)
31,5 km (Aeroporto di Napoli Gesac)
58,2 km (Porto di Napoli)
This little gem of a hotel, which since the 1960s has enjoyed an excellent reputation in this popular resort on the Amalfi Coast, climbs up the rocky cliff face with its 6 floors. At its feet is a local beach, in front of which the Bay of Positano stretches out with the open sea beyond. With a shady restaurant terrace, a well-maintained pool with views of the sea, and a balcony or terrace in every room, the Poseidon really makes the most of its stunning location. The rooms themselves are decorated in a wonderfully old-fashioned style that brings the 1960s back to life. The service too is "old school": discreet, courteous and very professional, from the receptionists to the porters to the housekeeping team.
The Hotel Poseidon is a top tip for anyone who likes a grand old hotel. Housed in an old villa, today’s hotel offers a total of 48 guest rooms. In keeping with the building, the interior design takes its steer from the glamorous 1960s, right down to the smallest of details. Cherry wood furniture, polished brass lamps, gold-framed mirrors, Persian rugs and tiled bathrooms in bright colors are reminiscent of this style-conscious era. For special occasions book one of the exclusive suites or junior suites. The magnificent views over the coast and the sea from many but not all of the rooms are really romantic. And don’t leave without a candle-lit dinner on the leafy terrace of the hotel restaurant. Long after you’ve returned home you’ll still remember enjoying the delicious breakfast in the sun with sea views.