- pool, spa area, restaurant
- Hotel Type: Romantic, 4 star, Lakeside, Historic
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 167
- Check-in: 14:00 | Check-out: 12:00
- Spoken languages in the hotel: Italian, French, English, German
- Enchanting location directly on the lake
- Wonderfully nostalgic grand hotel character
- Swimming in lake possible from hotel’s own dock
- At dinner, the dress-code is "casual yet elegant" and for men long trousers are required.
- Pets only with reservation
- Pool is not very large
wireless LAN in lobby
internet in lobby
25083 Gardone Riviera
Lombardy, Italy Map
directly beside water
bathing area by water: sand
25 km (Desenzano)
70 km (Verona)
4 km (Salo)
Built in 1884, the first hotel on the shores of Lake Garda still today exemplifies the elegant style of its time: fine stucco, massive facades and all sorts of splendor exude the charm of a century gone by without abandoning modern comfort. A total of 167 lovingly classic rooms are offered at the Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera, outfitted with air conditioning, minibar, flatscreen TV and all sorts of smaller details (bathrobe and slippers, for example). Most rooms have a balcony, many of them with a magnificent view of Italy’s largest lake. If that’s not enough, the wellness offering and beautiful outdoor pool will free your mind from stress!
Austrian Luigi Wimmer discovered the Gardone Riviera village in 1875 and decided to make it a comfortable, attractive destination for other visitors—the idea of the Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera was born! Back then, intellectuals such as Winston Churchill and Paul Heyse were among the guests at this comfortable hotel, while today anyone with demanding tastes and a certain sense of aesthetic will feel at home. The building’s powerful facades, interior stucco, large windows and roof paintings are silent witnesses to past decades. On the other hand, modern facilities are evidence that the hotel owners value innovation and comfort. Interior rooms are also designed in classic Italian style.