- pool, free wifi, spa area
- Hotel Type: Spa, Romantic, 5 star, Design, Luxury
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 116
- Check-in: 14:00 | Check-out: 12:00
- Brillant location in the center of Rome
- Well-trained, multilingual service team
- The jacuzzi in the spa is subject to charge, the use of the outdoor pool and outdoor jacuzzi is free.
- One exclusive service at Gran Meliá Rome is "RedService", which offers many benefits, such as access to the Red Level Lounge(with free tea, coffee, water and appetizers), non-alcoholic aperitif 19-21h pm, in-room champagne, Clarins toiletries, use of the spa and much more.
Lazio, Italy Map
14,2 km (A90)
6,1 km (Roma Termini)
30 km (Fiumicino)
A perfect balance of modernity and history sets the design of Gran Meliá Rome apart. This former monastery and modern luxury hotel is located on the same spot that once housed the ancient Roman Villa Agrippina, the lodgings of Emperor Nero’s mother. During reconstruction, significant objects were uncovered, which are now displayed in rooms of the hotel. But this is not the only way its beautiful design incorporates Italian culture: for example, famous paintings in the form of giant wall murals decorate many rooms. Vivavoce, the hotel’s restaurant, is run by award-winning chef Alfonso Iaccarino. Also worth a visit for demanding tastes: the Yhi spa and Nectar bar.
The Gran Meliá Rome is literally above the chaos of the historical city center (Centro Storic). The area, including St. Peter’s Cathedral and the Vatican, is still only a short walk away. Hotel grounds offer a wonderful retreat, particularly on warm summer days, with park and pool. At the same time the Trastevere District with all its bars and restaurants is very close. The hotel shines with all the aspects of a modern urban hotel, from modern room technology down to a highly professional service team.