- pool, spa area, restaurant
- Hotel Type: Spa, Romantic, Boutique, Design, Quiet
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 63
- Check-in: 15:00 | Check-out: 12:00
- Spoken languages in the hotel: Portuguese, Spanish, English
wireless LAN in lobby
Faro, Portugal Map
3 km (A22)
13 km (Faro)
12 km (Faro)
The small castle hotel Pousada Palácio de Estoi is located a few kilometers north of Faro. This gem of a hotel is definitely worth spending a couple of days at while travelling the Algarve region or even better: a complete vacation in Portugal. A lovely historic hotel with cutting edge design in quiet village-like surrounds!
Building on this little castle began in the 19th century. The original owner was the famous Visconde, Estói José Francisco, who celebrated the opening of the pousada with a fabulous fête in the palatial garden in 1909. After he died, the property stayed in the family until 1987 when the city of Faro invested. The pousada has since been renovated and restored in a Versailles style, including the delightful tea house and garden.