- pool, spa area, restaurant
- Hotel Type: Spa, Romantic, 5 star, Boutique, Luxury
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 38
- Check-in: 15:30 - 22:00 | Check-out: 08:00 - 11:00
- Spoken languages in the hotel: Romanian, French, Spanish, English, German
- beautiful and new spa
- very friendly and personalised service
- great breakfast
- peaceful setting
- Access to the Nature Spa is included in the room rates
- Rates for dogs and cats as well as additional services for pets are available on request
Alsace, France Map
The second generation of the Francois family welcomes discerning travelers into their enchanting country home to experience the beauty of the Vosges and classic French gourmet cuisine. The typical Alsatian half-timbered house enjoys a fantastic secluded location right at the edge of the forest. After a breakfast fit for a king you can set out on some beautiful hikes through the High Vosges. In the evening, sit down to a multi-course gourmet menu accompanied by fine wines. When it comes to accommodation, guests can choose between classically designed luxury rooms with forest or garden views, or opulently decorated junior suites and suites. The latest highlight at the Hostellerie La Cheneaudière is their brand-new Natural Spa spread over 4 levels in a low-energy house.
Roger Bouhassoun is the man in charge in the kitchen of this small gourmet hotel. The head chef is purely focused on classic French cuisine, with a particular penchant for fine sauces. Whatever is on the menu, he always makes sure that it’s home-made. The herbs used are even grown in the hotel’s own herb garden. But while Bouhassoun’s cuisine is gourmet, it is not pretentious, and the same too goes for the atmosphere: children are very welcome at the white table-clothed tables with porcelain and polished silverware, and there’s even a special children’s menu. Wine connoisseurs can look forward to very competent wine recommendations.