- free wifi, parking lot, City center
- Hotel Type: Romantic, Boutique, Design, Small, City
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 8
- Check-in: 16:00 - 22:00 | Check-out: 12:00
- Wonderfully decorated rooms with stylish bathrooms
- Stunning views over the River Duoro
- Excellent service provided by the owner herself
wireless LAN in lobby
Porto, Portugal Map
distance to water 100 m
district / neighborhood Old Town
13 km (A1 Lisbon)
1 km (São Bento )
22 km (Porto)
Aside from its great location, what makes this Porto hotel stand out from the rest is its combination of historic architecture and contemporary design. As you might have guessed from its name, it was built in 1872. The rooms have a wonderful atmosphere with their stylish furniture in a neoclassical design set against the building’s original exposed stone walls. The hotel terrace with river views is the perfect place for breakfast, a snack or a cup of coffee. The 1872 River House is owned and run by Teresa. She’s joined by a very friendly, attentive team of staff.
From its unique riverside location, the 1872 River House offers romantic views over the river and the boats that navigate up and down it, as well as over an old port wine cellar. It doesn’t get much more authentic than this in one of Portugal’s oldest towns. At the same time, you’re also just a short distance from the old town. Teresa and her team of staff are on hand 24/7 to make visitors to the city feel welcome and well looked-after.