- Beachside, restaurant, parking lot
- Hotel Type: Beach, Romantic, 4 star, Boutique, Quiet
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 46
- Check-in: 15:00 - 00:00 | Check-out: 06:00 - 11:00
- Spoken languages in the hotel: English, German
- Fabulous location, just a few steps from the beach
- Super friendly service
- Some of the little rooms are quite small. If you need space to fully relax book one of the rooms which are labeled "and more".
wireless LAN in lobby
entire hotel incl. lobby
23669 Timmendorfer Strand
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany Map
near the beach 40 m
medium fine sand
beach use 3,00 per day
7 km (A1)
2,4 km (Bahnhof Timmendorferstrand)
27 km (Flughafen Lübeck)
If you’re looking for a beach holiday on the Baltic Sea and prefer small, family-run hotels to large tourist complexes, then the Hotel Sand is for you. This lovely beach hotel has around 50 rooms of different sizes and types. The modern interior design is excellent – full of colour and drawing on the textures of the beach and nature. Further highlights include the generous breakfast and the very friendly service delivered by the couple who own the hotel and their team. In the evenings, the hotel restaurant Kulinarium serves north German and international cuisine and in the summer there is a BBQ grill on the garden terrace.
If you want an uncomplicated beach holiday, there is no better place to stay. After breakfast, you can simply throw your towel over your shoulder, cross the road and slip between two dunes, where you’ll find yourself on a broad sandy beach on the Baltic Sea, popular with sea bathers for well over a century. The beach is 7km long in total and very clean. There are canopied beach chairs available for hire, a separate naturist area, numerous restaurants and cafes along the promenade as well as a water sports centre with a surf and catamaran school, complete with an area of the beach set aside for sports and games.