- breakfast, spa area, restaurant
- Hotel Type: Spa, 5 star, Boutique, Design, Luxury
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 24
- Check-in: 14:00 | Check-out: 12:00
- Wonderfully quiet location beside the Bosphorus
- Stunning views
- Attractive interior design integrated into original industrial setting
- Situated away from the main tourist center. If you want to go out at night you’ll need to take a taxi to the European side.
Istanbul, Turkey Map
directly beside water
10 km (Ataşehir)
5 km (Üsküdar)
39 km (Atatürk International Airport)
The Sumahan On The Water is situated on the Asian side of Istanbul, right on the shores of the Bosphorus. Its fantastic location alone would be reason enough to book a stay here. But this small luxury hotel has plenty more to offer, including 11 double rooms and 13 wonderful suites (all with water views), an excellent tapas restaurant and a traditional hammam bath. But above all it’s got style! This exclusive boutique hotel is housed in a converted distillery that once produced Suma - the fig brandy, from which the popular Raki is made. A hotel since 2005, its airy rooms with high ceilings and large windows are the perfect place for a really romantic stay.
The old factory setting lends the Sumahan On The Water an atmosphere that is anything but ordinary. With clean lines and pastel colors, the modern interior design emphasizes the industrial character of the rooms. Comfy upholstered furniture, elegant wooden floors and a fireplace in most rooms make for a really relaxed stay.