- pool, free wifi, spa area
- Hotel Type: Spa, Romantic, 4 star, Boutique, Quiet
- Hotel size (number of rooms): 12
- Check-in: 14:00 - 21:30 | Check-out: 09:00 - 11:00
- Authentic medieval architecture beautifully restored
- Imaginatively designed rooms with modern amenities and romantic aura
- Friendly service from the owners (husband and wife) and their sympathetic team
- Secluded location. A car is absolutely necessary.
wireless LAN in lobby
06056 Massa Martana
Umbria, Italy Map
3 km (Massa Martana)
60 km (Perugia)
public transport stop
20 km (Todi)
For a dreamy couple’s getaway, this northern Italian country castle is hard to beat. Nestled in a quaint Umbrian village, the Castello di Montignano offers chic design behind historic walls. Its owners, Claudia and Giuseppe, have transformed the old Castello into a gem of a rural hotel through years of attentive work. A total of 12 entirely uniquely designed guest rooms are available to choose from. Other features include a restaurant serving Umbrian cuisine, a small spa and a wonderful garden for chilling out by the pool.
The Castello di Montignano’s roots go all the way back to the early Middle Ages. In the course of its history, the Castello has been owned by various noble families, and severely damaged in multiple wars. When its present owners discovered the location in 2001, it was scarcely more than a ruin: but they recognized it was a ruin in a beautiful spot with a special kind of magic, a magic even more apparent at this present day 5-star hotel after its brilliant restoration!